9.28.2009

soup's on!

Woke up to a very windy, very fall-like day. I was nervous about running in the wind (and my quads felt pretty tight after doing the mini and then running yesterday as well). But I was pleasantly surprised to find I had a great run! Once I started my legs felt loose as they moved, and the wind and cool air felt awesome! I knocked out a good number of miles and came home relaxed.

Since it is supposed to be windy and cool and rainy all day, I decided it was a vegetable soup day. We are having a late lunch of soup - in two different pots. Both of ours have corn, onions, tomatoes, and carrots. Dave's also has beef broth, beef, and potatoes. Mine has vegetable broth, yams, black beans, and broccoli. I found some delicious looking bread at the Kroger bakery that we'll have as well. Hooray for fall!!

At the FW half we got a promo flyer for a 15 mile run in Bluffton, Indiana in the beginning of November. I'm debating signing up... it's a trail run, which is why I'm hesitant. As an avid road runner (more because of what's available than an actual decision toward that), I'm unsure I should jump into a trail run without much practice. But I know the trails are pretty flat and clear... so maybe it would be easy. Any suggestions??

Off to stir the soup! What are your favorite foods for fall?

3 comments:

  1. corn and potato chowder, black bean salsa soup, and roasted red pepper soup are my favorite liquid fall dinners :) (so far...let's hope this season brings new favorites!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...love soup. Chicken tortilla, tomato basil, minestrone, roasted red pepper/corn soup are my favorites.

    Are you a vegetarian, btw, Kim?

    ReplyDelete
  3. soup sounds so good, especially with the fall weather!

    i ran in the fall-ish weather yesterday, too. it was windy but at least it wasn't hot out! :-)

    ReplyDelete