9.04.2009

Friday favorites

The title is misleading because these are favorites for every day of the week, but I liked the alliteration. Here are a few things I'm all about right now:

Honey Nut Scooters. Every breakfast. I buy the 2lb. bag. And an article I just read said that grain cereal with milk is one of the best things you can eat after a run. Ta-da!

Pampered Chef Garlic Press. I use this almost daily. I'm not attached to Pampered Chef, but this garlic press works really well. Otherwise, I'm kind of too lazy to take the time to peel the garlic and slice it up. Plus, I really kind of suck at it. And getting the garlic peel out of here still leaves your fingers smelling like garlic. Bonus!
Janet Evanovich number murder mystery series. Seriously, I'm not sure how I would get through the 1 hour 45 minute weekly drive without these. As an english major I guess there's the chance I should feel some shame about this, since they're not the great literary classics. But I don't. They're well written enough, they're funny, and they keep me from falling asleep and driving off the road or into herds of deer. Winner in my book.
c1129.jpg (300×275)

Sweet corn. I could eat it everyday, in mass quantity. And after the farmer's market on Saturday I will have more. Hooray!
sweet-corn-on-cob.jpg (380×281)

My Brooks Adrenaline shoes. I think I'll need a new pair soon-ish, but these have been my faithful go-to for the last three pairs. They're amazing. And pink!
10942-775183-d.jpg (240×240)
Cardigans. I tend to wear one almost every day. They're light weight but warm. And they're comfortable.
old-navy-twin-set-in-malibu-blue,-26.50.jpg (260×345)
And my bamboo wooden cutting board. The sound of cutting is better, the feel is better, the look is better. Everything about wood cutting boards is better.
bamboo-cutting-board.jpg (280×280)
What are some of your favorite things?

6 comments:

  1. Raindrops on roses and whiskers on...oh wait

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim! I'm also a huge fan of Brooks Adrenaline shoes...I'm on my 3rd or 4th pair, too!

    As for coconut oil: there is research (although I have not personally read study details) supporting coconut oil as an antimicrobial agent, brain, kidney, liver, and lung health promoter, and weight loss agent. Because it is a medium chain fatty acid (MCFA),the body requires more energy to metabolize coconut oil than the energy the oil itself provides. MCFAs are also preferentially used for energy since they do not require pancreatic enzymes for digestion.

    Here is a blog post I wrote for the American Society of Nutrition about coconut oil:
    http://www.nutrition.org/asn-blog/2009/07/coconut-oil/

    Super cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why isn't "The Secret History of the Pink Carnation" on your list???

    p.s. My grandmother said the Stephanie Plum books weren't appropriate for my eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is adorable. i like your blog. and i miss you and your cardigans and cutting boards. you're fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I keep writing my responses on here, Kim. I don't have your email address! :-)

    Virgin, cold-pressed coconut oil is the best kind to use. Other coconut oils (99% of others) are produced in giant oil mills where the coco meat is refined, bleached, and/or deodorized, negatively affecting taste, texture, and color. My favorite brand is Nutiva coconut oil. I use coconut oil in place of most oils when baking. I actually really like the taste.

    And yes, I do remember you from IWU/Bethany's writing days. :-) I'm enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. did you know i swear by the pampered chef garlic press as well? i just recommended it to corrine! also, when you are done with the janet evanovich series start on sarah strohmeyer's series. might be better than janet's!

    ReplyDelete