2. Eggplant sliced super thin and sauteed to perfection in olive oil tastes kind of like a potato chip but 12 times better.
3. Runs in a light rain, especially along the coast with the waves rushing and the lake wind blowing and your sister beside you, are the best kind.
4. Grandmothers may need to be reminded ten times about what boat you are leaving on but they will always remember to smack your butt when they hug you.
5. Sunday night dinners of popcorn, cheese, turkey sausage, apples, and peanut butter are the very best kind. Especially combined with a movie, a husband, and a sleepy kitty.
6. Blissful: napping with Mosie, both of us asleep, with her paws in my hair.
7. Surprises from Dave: a full gas tank to get to Marion, reese's pb snack cups, and a big yellow daisy flower. Best boy.
8. Kitties get bored at 3am.
9. Little nieces at 16 months get giddy and run into walls. They are conveniently resilient. And wonderfully adorable, busy, and open-mouth-kisses-sweet.
10. Mondays should be replaced by more weekends.